Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Turning Back Now

1 year ago today I was starting my job at Northwestern Mutual, tomorrow I'll be submitting my two weeks notice so I can move to South Korea and become an ESL teacher. I can't say I never would have expected this would happen. Since I graduated i've looked into and toyed with the idea of moving abroad to work for a year.  I knew that I didn't want to be at NML for life, at least not yet. It would however be a good  way for me to earn some money and take some time to figure out what exactly I want "to be when I grow up".  Well I can't say i've accomplished the later, but i've at least got a few $'s to my name and another year of adventure.

In 19 short days i'll be loading up the car, driving to Chicago and hoping a plane to South Korea.   One of my favorite parts about the preparation for this trip is the various reactions i've received from friends, family and even complete strangers.   Many have been impressed with my courage to quit my job and travel half way around the world, while others express a slightly less enthusiastic response.   I can sense that some people think i'm crazy, especially since i'm leaving a job with Northwestern  Mutual  to pursue this adventure, but i'm grateful for those that are proud and happy for me.  I'm completely expecting the next few weeks to be a roller coaster of emotions - however i can't wait to take in every second of it.

Follow my blog to see what kinds adventures, ups and downs I experience during my year in the "Land of the Morning calm".  Hopefully during that year i'll figure out where i'll be at this time next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment