Monday, September 17, 2012

The Next Einstein

Two weeks ago I was struggling to come up with what to teach for my next lesson, but with the help of my friend Charles that problem was quickly solved. He sent me an "inventions" lesson which was a big hit with his class so I thought i'd give it a try. There really isn't much explanation needed; I just wanted to share with you some of the weird, wonderful and wacky inventions my students created.




Man Bidet
so many toothbrush inventions

I need this




yessss




3-way sauce pen



And one of my favorites... 
Remote for teachers
I was originally just going to collect the inventions and choose a winner myself, but after taking a look at a few I decided they were too good not to be shared.  I decided the next week would be spent doing presentations and ultimately let the class decide which students came up with the best invention.  The votes didn't always go the way I thought they would, although I think some kids just had more of a persuasive ability, that and some of the students just wanted to vote for the most ridiculous invention.  It's funny because whenever I give the students an assignment like this they inevitably will complain for the first 5 minutes or so, but what they come up with amazes me.  Little things like this are reasons I love my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment